If you’ve been feeling a little intimated by the amount of baking that’s been going on during lockdown 1, 2 & 3 then look no further than PhD Nutrition‘s no bake salted caramel and nut butter protein balls. Without having to go anywhere near an oven, you can create a tasty sweet treat that’s perfect post workout or just when you’re feeling a little peckish. Plus, packed full of protein they’ll keep you full and help boost your recovery from all of that at-home exercise.
Salted Caramel and Nut Butter Protein Balls
1 scoop of PhD’s Smart Protein or for a vegan option Smart Protein Plant both in Salted Caramel flavour
1 cup of oats
3 tbsp of Smart Nut Butter
1 tbsp honey
100ml unsweetened almond milk
How to Make the Balls:
- In a bowl mix together the oats, nut butter, protein and honey.
- The consistency should be sticky but not watery (be prepared to get your hands a little dirty) as you need to mix this together to form the balls.
- You may need to adjust the texture with a little more oats to thicken it up or a little more almond milk to thin it out.
- Roll and make into ball shapes. Depending on what size you desire, the recipe can make approx. 8 small bite-size balls or 5 medium-large ones (our preference).
- You can enjoy them straight away or pop them into an air tight container and store in the fridge which will allow them to harden a little more so you can grab one as and when you fancy.
We know you care about macros, so here they are per serving:
If this recipe has got you hungry for more then why not jump on the banana bread bandwagon, or try this cookie bakes recipe next.